Property Management can encompass a wide range of services from ensuring that the property complies with legislation, to finding tenants and signing lease documentation, to the day to day management of the property.
It is important that you give thought to the services you require from a managing agent before you decide which one is best for you.
When making the decision to chose your Property Manager you should consider:
- How you will get on with the personalities you will be dealing with and whether you will be dealing with the same person who will know your property and any specific instructions you have given.
- How knowledgeable the Property Manager appears to be.
- Where the property is going to be advertised and the average time your chosen Property Management Agent takes to let a property in your area.
- How well properties are presented in the Management Agent’s advertising.
- Whether the atmosphere created by the team looking after your property is likely to give a positive experience to your tenants ensuring not only average longer lets but less maintenance.
- How well the tenants are vetted by the Property Management Agency and whether they have any products that will guarantee rent even if the tenants default.
- How the Property Management Agent deals with rent arrears and how quickly these will be followed up.
- Whether the Managing Agent has an allocated client account to receive funds that will ensure your money is always secure even if the agency is in difficulties.
- How extensive the inventory is and whether it is robust enough to be relied upon to recover any damages from the tenancy deposit scheme.
- How often the property is going to be inspected by the Property Manager and what maintenance is likely to be instructed as a result. For example someone should be regularly checking shower and bath sealant and instructing this to be fixed where appropriate.
- The charges and whether they are reflective of the services on offer and the service you would like from your Property Management Agency.
- A good letting agent should provide a flexible service determined by your requirements and Watt Property Management are happy to provide a bespoke service if required.
We also provide the following packages which have been developed though our experience of the services most commonly asked for.
Platinum Property Management Service
We provide Full Property Management including a Guarantee that Rent will be paid within 5 days of being due even if your tenant has not paid their rent on time.*
Full Property Management Service
We will find you a tenant and deal with the day to day running of the tenancy. An extensive inventory will also be prepared and sent to you to ensure you are happy with the contents.
Tenancy Start Up Service
We will advertise your property, carry out viewings, vet the new tenants and sign the lease documentation.
Other services that you may wish to consider
- Property refurbishment: Where applicable, we can provide advice on the best way to prepare your property for rental and arrange the refurbishment of your property.
- Advertising only.
- Preparation of tenancy agreements.
- Occupancy agreements for resident Landlords
Call Pauline today on 0131 555 2777 to arrange a free consultation at your property so that we can provide a free rent valuation and advice with regard to legislation, and how to present the property to its best advantage to maximise rent and minimise void periods.